Monday, June 1, 2009

The Joad

Jade is back. I can finally stop having sex with my pillows. Life is good again. My job over at BRAVO! ended last Friday. I'm trying to slip back into days but it's turning out to be quite difficult. I can't sleep at night and I can't seem to roll from bed until noon and then am exhausted during the day. I've tried huffing gas to wake me up but it just gives me a headache.

Jade and I are supposed to be going to set with Weezer tomorrow for the latest and last photo shoot....well....maybe not their last photo shoot, but their final album shoot. This is, contractually, their final album, I guess.

I feel like I can't wear my glasses to set because Rivers has glasses that are similar to them, maybe a little smaller, but since he has more friends I'd feel like I were somehow trying to steal his identity...WHICH I'M NOT! Plus I'm already in a band. We're called The Rubber Bands and it's just me playing the skin flute alone in the shower, sometimes with a camera, sometimes not, just depending.

We sent out our investor packet today to some investors and are really keeping our fingers crossed. We're constantly on the prowl for people who want to get involved. Know someone? SEND EM OUR WAY, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!! Geez, Louise, do I gotta beg?

Jade is in bed and I sort of wanna go mess with her but I don't wanna get in trouble. She gets cranky when you jump on top of her and start screaming that the house is on fire while she's dreaming about things.

I was walking down the street the other day and saw this older-ish Mexican guy sleeping in his truck (of course - that's all they drive.....shoot.....is THAT racist? I feel like it's true....I don't know). Anyway, I had an impulse to go up to this window and just begin banging on it and screaming at him until he woke up, afraid, and then I'd just run away.

At work I took a pee and then was leaving the bathroom and had the impulse to shut off the light and leave the guy taking a dump in the far stall alone in the dark.

I was at work and ate a bunch of cake - choco choco chip. This stuff was RICH and I was HUNGRY and I ate WAY TOO MUCH. I went to the bathroom because fer sher I was going to blow chunks. I barfed all over in the toilet and it was thick and brown and clumpy and I had a third and final impulse to just leave it there, splashes up on the seat, floating around in the toilet. Let someone think that someone else's bung sprung a gasket in here. It really did look like a nightmare.

I cleaned it up, flushed and washed my hands. Ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich because my stomach was empty and hungry again.

I started reading "The Grapes of Wrath" earlier this week. Wow - so much better than I was anticipating. Already they've talked about a guy killing another guy with a shovel and a pig eating a live baby. The whole book paints a very unsettling, hopeless picture for the poor Joads. Joad....isn't that the space between the balls and butt hole? I should pierce my Joad.

Jade and I went to see "Drag Me to Hell" yesterday. Whoa. Didn't really want to see it but really wanted to see SOMETHING, so we caught that. Wasn't really a horror movie. More accurately described as a TERROR movie. It's just pretty spine-tingling from start to ending with, what is probably an incredible ending. Sort of predictable, but then the execution is just so flipping great and it didn't even bother me that Justin Long from the apple commercials (is that him?) was in it.

At one point this girl just screamed out loud (SOL) and then there was silence and then everyone laughed. It was such a good movie that I clapped at the end. A few other people started to join me but then it died and we all felt QUITE foolish.

Today Jade and I watched "Rumplestiltskin". Incredible. I think the trailer pretty much sums it up nicely - oh, and the last line is probably the best thing. Very cinematic. Very brilliant.




I can't tell if this is funny or scary or silly or what, but it's goin' up!



Started watching a new webisode series called "Douchebag Beach". It'll probably come up if you search for it on youtube. Pretty funny.

Started watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 doing "Teenage Strangler". It had it's moments.

Trying to set up an LLC - does ANYONE have any ideas for me? I'm trying to set one up in South Dakota. Does anyone know anyone? Anyone that's not a total Joad?
Jade just shot her first wedding, you can check it out, blog and all here:

http://www.theletterbblog.com/

Some pretty solid stuff up there. Man, I really should go in there and start screaming about a fire....maybe I should just start a fire.....just a little one in the corner in a garbage can.

I'm getting ready to start talking about how we made sweet and sour meatballs for dinner and truthfully, I don't want to bore you with it and I'm sort of boring myself right now.

I'll let you know how the Weezer thing goes if it goes at all.

jb

1 comment: