Thursday, May 14, 2009

Is white REALLY right?

There's this restaurant that Jade and I go to about once a week or two - The Hungry Fox. It's supposed to be really good food - that's what the outside of the building says - but it's really not. It's really just extraordinary. And I don't mean fantastic. I mean EXTRA ordinary. Just really blah, you know?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They've got some crazy decor going on - I'll take a camera in there next time and film the stuff they have on the walls. They've got some IKEA style lamps. They've got some grandmotherly woven "Welcome" sign. They've got some paintings of coyotes from the midwest. They've got some fine oriental art - or asian art........I don't know what's PC. Some people say I'm racist. I'm really not. I just don't know what's correct. Is it still hateful if you say hateful things while meaning something completely different?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I had a friend in college - he was this Oriental kid - and we used to say to him, y'know, when he got real rowdy and whatnot, we'd say, "Brett Jones!" that was his name - Brett Jones. Real white sounding. Anyway, we'd say, "Brett Jones! You'd better relax or we're going to tie you to a chair and blindfold you with a piece of thread!"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy we really got a kick out of that. Being pretend racist.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then I had this other friend - he was this black guy named Sedrick Tasker. Now THAT'S a black name. But everytime I saw him he was either a.) making or b.) eating, BBQ chicken wings. I'd always joke with him about it because.....well you know - the whole thing with chicken. Anyway, I guess racial stereotypes are mostly talked about because they're true.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Black people really DO love chicken - well, the one black person I know does - and you really CAN blindfold a college aged Oriental kid - or Asian kid - i don't know, but it's true - you just have to wrap it around four or five times.

So the hungry fox - man - EVERYtime we go there there is ALWAYS some loud mouthed son of a gun at a table near us. Never the same person. Just someone that thinks they have to frigging SHOUT inside. Today there was a young Mexican girl (late 20's) with some Asian guy (mid-20's) and she was just yap-yap-yap. This dude couldn't get a word in edgewise if he WANTED to. Then she just started STUFFING salad in her mouth and jade was like, "finally - silence".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then she swallowed and just started up again. "And then I got her to flip this guy off and scream at him - it was the best day".

yuck.

Man, I can't even imagine having sex with someone like that - you're trying to be romantic and she's just rambling on about what so-and-so said to her on the phone and you're thinking if you just casually placed the pillow over her face for a minute or two this would be so much easier.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The strangest thing though, was that I'd never seen a Japa-China-Korean-Vietna-whatchyamacallit dating a Mexi-latino.

Do other races have a problem with what to call the whites? Do they say, "do they prefer to be called 'white' or 'american' or 'anglo-saxon'. Man, I just don't know. I prefer anglo-saxon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I get really offended when someone calls me white. I actually prefer to be called a 'snow flake'.

I find it quite romantic.

A pretty little snowflake.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment