Sunday, May 24, 2009

Nick at Night Time

So I'm up late - it's about 2:30. I just finished watching this Andy Dick movie called Danny Roane: First Time Director or something like that. Just getting ready to watch Diary of the Dead. Thinking about going to see Terminator alone at a matinee tomorrow. Buy a pretzel, eat a pretzel...with cheese.

I'm the guy crunching on garbage well into the movie. You can hear me slobbering all over my soft bread, my crunchy nachos, slurping away at my cola (my wife's cola / pop / soda).

I'm a slob. The house is a mess. Spent a few hours tidying it up. Made spaghetti for dinner. Ate it alone. Drank the final to final diet coke. One left. I'm turning into a chunky junky.

Been trapped on youtube all day. Can't stop.

Found a great webisode series called "Leaving Bliss".

Here's the second episode, it's a great still image:



I didn't watch the first episode, so I can't vouche for it, but 2-7 are pretty good.

Thinking about eating more spaghetti.

Thinking about reading more of my book - The Rules of Attraction by Brett Easton Ellis.

Just saw this trailer for the new movie "Sherlock Holmes" directed by Guy Ritchie (Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels - he was or is or was married to Madonna). Looks great. His fight scenes are unreal. Check it out:



Been working at that job for BRAVO! that I got last week. People there are all really cool. A few of my friends are there and a couple of them are even working nights so we get to be zombies and eat brains together, hide from the sun in a group. Drive an hour to work alone, wishing we could carpool.

My buddy Scott just started on Thursday. He came into my bay and I ask him if he's brought in dinner. He says no.

I say he should go grab something - and make sure not to make it a turkey sandwich. I made that mistake the first couple nights - bad thing to eat when you don't want to fall asleep.

So I give Scotty my card to get out of the gates and he goes to Ralph's to buy some grub. Calls me about an hour later and says he can't get my card to work in the elevator. Says he's swiping it but it's not clicking on.

I tell him you don't NEED a card for the elevator. He says he's pushing the button and it's just not working.

I go to the elevator and hit the UP button - I'll just buzz him up. The elevator comes up and the doors open - I'm on the phone with him - and nobodies inside.

I tell him I'm in the elevator and he's not.

Poor Scott - he left and then went into the wrong building. In fairness to him, they DO all look alike on the lot.

Funny stuff.

Remember Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell?

Do you think he knew what was going on here?



Oh man, what else, what else? I'm sorry if this is boring. I'm just trying to fill in the time. I'm working on a new web series right now - writing it. I LOVED shooting Patrick and Molly. I had so much fun. It was sort of depressing getting up on Monday and not being able to go back to set.

I'm working on episode 5 right now. I think it'll probably be a 12 episode thing. We'll see how it turns out - maybe garbage. Sometimes things are garbage. Sometimes you hide them. I wrote four more Patrick and Mollies - season 2? I don't know. Maybe.

I'm trying to give a script away right now. It's called Transient. It's a dark comedy about a transgender time traveler that accidentally falls in love with himself in the future. I don't know - garbage? Sometimes it's hard to tell.

I fell asleep last night / this morning paranoid that someone was hiding in my closet and was going to come out and stab me while I slept. Sometimes I'm afraid of things like that.

I used to be afraid of monsters when I was younger. Jason Voorhees. Freddy Kreuger.

Now I'm afraid of psychopaths and madmen with butcher knives - Michael Myers. Three foot tall old women with paper white skin and red hair, chattering in the dark, stabbing me when I'm not looking scares me too.

Is that it?

I think that's it.

Stay cool.

I'm gonna write another page and then watch Diary of the Dead.

peas.

1 comment:

  1. hey hey hey hey, that was really funny. i want to watch more of leaving bliss. trailer for sherlock holmes was okay. but you and i have different taste in movies. watched diaster movie last night. if you want a good laugh, watch that.

    -t-

    ps. seen your wife today at church.

    ReplyDelete